Departments - Health
Functions and areas of activity
The functions and areas of action of the Department of Health are as follows:
- Planning and ordinance in the area of health.
- Public health and food safety.
- Epidemiological surveillance.
- Pharmaceutical ordinance.
- Drug addictions.
- Run the Autonomous Bodies, private law public entities and public partnerships assigned to the Department.
- All other power allocated to it by law and regulations.
The following are assigned to this Department:
- Osakidetza - Basque Public Health Service, public body operating under private law.
- Basque Foundation for Healthcare Innovation and Research – BIOEF.