Departments - Work and Justice
Functions and areas of activity
- Execution of the labour law in the point of labour relationships.
- Social economy: cooperatives, labour capital companies and supportive economy.
- Corporate social responsibility
- Social Security, according to which is established in the Statute of Autonomy.
- Relationships with the judiciary branch.
- Provision of resources for the working of the Administration of Justice.
- Penitentiary stablishments.
- Under age offenders, without prejudice to the competencies of the Employment and Social Politics Department.
- Designation of Public Notaries and Property Registrars.
- Guarantee, in the area of the Administration of Justice, of the exercise of the citizens´rights established in the 10/1982 Law, 24th of November, related to the standardization of the use of the Basque language.
- Driving the Modernization of the Judicial and Public Prosecutor´s Office assuming functions in order to improve the quality of a modern, quick and effective judicial system, which includes the use of the new technologies.
The following is assigned to this Department: The administrative autonomous body Osalan, Instituto Vasco de Seguridad y Salud.