Skip to Content
Departments - Public Governance and Self-Government
Functions and areas of activity
- Relationships and communications with the Parliament, the Commisioner of the State (ombudsman) and other institutions.
- Secretary´s office.
- Official Gazette of Basque Country.
- Administrative functions assigned to the Government in the subject of Local Administration.
- Associations ruled by general law, Foundations and Professional Associations (register, protectorate).
- Public innovation, paying special attention to the use of the new technologies in the Administration and Government, transparency, citizens´ participation and good governance.
- Set of rules related to organization and procedures of the Basque Public Administration.
- Central Legal Service of the Basque Government.
- Checking the internal normative; developing law, including the conservation, adaptation and development of the Basque Civil Law.
- Self-Government development politics and coordination of the Department actions.
- Defending the Statute of Autonomy.
- Basque Legal Adviser Commission, as the superior collegiate advisory organ of the Basque Autonomous Community´s Public Administrations.
- Human resources politics in order to provide public services of high-quality and being in constant evolution.
- Relationship and negociating with the representative of the staff (civil servants and other employees).
- General Inspection of the staff and services.
- Headquarters and buildings of the Administration.
- Multidepartamental services, filing system and publishing.
- Data systems, telephony, infraestructures and telecommunications services.
- Supporting the rest of the organs of the Department in subjects of the same nature.