Skip to Content
Provincial Government of Gipuzkoa
Departments - Governance and Communication with Society
Functions and areas of activity
- Provincial Council Governing Body Secretariat.
- Coordination of relations and communications between the Provincial Council, the Provincial Parliament and the Basque Ombudsman's Office.
- Internal control of legality, general legal consultancy and the representation and defence of the Provincial Council and its bodies in court.
- The Provincial Council’s powers in the field of municipal and supra-municipal demarcation, Provincial Register of Local Entities in Gipuzkoa and advice to municipalities regarding the issues referred to in paragraph i).
- Interdepartmental coordination in order to establish a legal calendar.
- The Provincial Council's powers as the body responsible for calling elections to the Gipuzkoa Provincial Parliament.
- Gipuzkoa Official Gazette.
- Public function, organisation and information systems, legal system and staff remuneration system. Local administration civil servants qualified to work at a national level.
- Vehicle fleet.
- Civil protection, fire prevention and extinction and search and rescue.
- Inter-departmental services.
- Registers of Activities, Goods and Interests in the Provincial Public Sector.
- Modernisation policies, corporate information and communication systems and e-administration.
- Coordination for transparency.
- Services and systems for fostering the Information Society.
- Citizen engagement.
- Foreign relations.
- All other powers corresponding to it under law.
Time to get working!