Value Added Tax (VAT) - Time to get working!
What is the cheapest option?
- With the KONTUAK GARBI document in front of you, answer the following questions:
- How much money did the provincial government's revenue office collect in Value Added Tax (VAT)?
- What percentage of total revenue comes from this tax?
- Your family are going to buy a new computer. Since you know about these matters, you have been asked for your advice. When analysing the cost of the device, you have found the following information:
- Option 1: €1,067 (VAT included)
- Option 2: €845 + VAT
- Look at the enclosed WASTE WATER and REFUSE COLLECTION bill (PDF) and answer the following questions:
- How much does the water bill come to (including Ura, Arazketa and Finantzaketa Plana) before tax is added?
- What VAT rate or percentage is charged?
- What VAT rate or percentage applies to refuse collection?
- Is there VAT on that?
- Analyse the attached PURCHASES bill (in pdf format) and answer the following questions:
- Which products have 4% VAT?
- Which products have 10% VAT?
- Which products have 21% VAT?
- Leire has bought a television set that costs 575 € (not including VAT). How much VAT will she have to pay? How much will the TV set cost in total?
- Jon has purchased two loaves of bread at €1.10 each (not including VAT), and a lettuce for €2.20. How much VAT will he have to pay for each of these products? How much will he have to pay altogether?
- Itizar has taken her mother, father and brother to eat at a cider bar. Their meal comes to €95 (not including VAT). How much does she have to pay altogether? How much VAT will she have to pay?
- What are the consequences of some people not paying this tax?
- Do you think it is fair that some people do not pay this tax?